Court of Evermore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortal Online Beta

3 posters

Go down

Mortal Online Beta Empty Mortal Online Beta

Post  Archon Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:56 pm

So Mortal Online has been in open beta for a few weeks now. I personally preordered it and have been doing the beta thing for a couple months now. Honestly, it started a bit rough, and it still is somewhat unfinished, but it has made leaps and bounds of progress. I think it is now very playable and I encourage you guys to check it out. Its free of coarse.

http://www.mortalonline.com/

I think a lot of you have heard the basic idea of the game, so I’m not going to say a lot about it. It is a harsh world where nothing is handed to you. When you first start out it is very hard, but as you get a handle on things it becomes awesome. Also, skill progression is fast so it doesn’t take long to start filling the niche you design for yourself.
This game has a huge potential and I think most of the Court that was fed up with Darkfall will find MO just the thing you wanted. Here is a list of things I think will appeal to the Court.
-Diverse skill set with a CAP. Characters are very specialized. You can’t be a crafter/mage/archer/warrior like in DFO. In fact, you really can only be one of those per character and even then you have to make some specialization choices. Also, there is not very much of a grind. My current warrior character in Beta has about a week of play time on him and is about 80 percent fleshed out. All that’s left is some fine tuning and the collection of decent gear.
-Crafting is deeper than anything I’ve ever seen. There is so much to say about it, I’m really not going to try very hard. Basically, there are no preset recipes. You have to figure out how to make the best weapons/armor/materials through experimentation.
-Encourages Role Playing – MO really seems to foster role-playing. The world is immersive and doesn’t feel like a chat system with avatars or medieval counter-strike. Player and guild housing built almost anywhere you want.

That’s all I have time to write, but I think the Court of Evermore could have a great time in MO. I’d really like to see you guys in game. Write here if you’re interested and we can coordinate start the ball rolling. Also, I’ll get on the old COE vent soon and chat.
Archon
Archon

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Mortal Online Beta Empty Re: Mortal Online Beta

Post  Naelwyn Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Pre-ordered as well just to fund a good idea. The game is trully the most open ended of any I have yet to play, heck there's no maps unless you make some (Ulrik would love this,) just wish I had the time to play but for the time being I'm busy with other stuffs.
Naelwyn
Naelwyn

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Taelisar Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

interesting.....I have been reading alot about this game and yes it does sound REALLY promising however..almost across the board the reviewers are saying that at release it will be as rough or worse than Darkfall was for its first year, which makes me think I might be wise to wait 6-12 months to dive in. Recently we ( 3-6 of us) delved back into Darkfall NA. We may stay here a while as we keep tabs on Mo.
Taelisar
Taelisar
Admin

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-03-11

http://courtofevermore.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down