Court of Evermore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Carter Mac

2 posters

Go down

Application: Carter Mac Empty Application: Carter Mac

Post  Cadohewin Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:35 am

I'm a defender of what is honorable and just, protector of our people and enemy of the evil that haunts our lands. I bring honor to the battle, but bring swift justice for all that would bring harm.

OOC: I'm pretty new to DF only been in game a couple of weeks, but love the freedom and opportunity to do many things. I currently have a Mirdain that's operating out of the starter village but have started to venture out into the world a bit. I'm 44 male married with 4 kids and an mmo enthusiast. I cut my teeth in DAoC years ago, but have played many other mmo's over the years (UO, AoC, EVE online, WoW, LOTRO, Warhammer, GW, probably missing some). From my experience an mmo is only really as good as its community, so I"m I'm just looking for a mature community that likes to have fun, not take themselves (or the game) too seriously, and not worry about what my kids may see in chat :-) I like the concept of the guild you are building and appreciate the attitude and rules you've adopted. My hope is that my mmo travels are over with DF with a clan where friendships are forged.

Cadohewin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Application: Carter Mac Empty Re: Application: Carter Mac

Post  Cadohewin Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 pm

sorry for replying to my own initial post, but I get the feeling you're wanting more information :-) So here goes...

Although I'm a very experienced mmo player I do not have much experience as a role player.

Here are my strengths in this regard: I'm very strong at developing a story for my character in the context of the game. I create an identity and playstyle for my characters that I do not stray from but grow with and into.

Furthermore I really enjoy playing within the intended context of the fantasy world created. I do not grind. I play the game: I hunt, I gather, I craft, I defend and protect. I play with honor and integrity...these are not mere words for me, but an integral part of my playstyle and lifestyle. I do not grief or otherwise break the immersion of the game. I'm loyal to guild mates and see them as friends..people worth fighting with and for.

In this regard, I've always been very much a roleplayer. What I've not done is a lot of backstory development or "in-character" chatting. It might very well bring even more immersion to the game, but I've just not done much of it.

I'll post a story I wrote about my character not long after I started in Darkfall that I wrote for friends of mine. I just wanted to communicate to them how much fun I was having in Darkfall and thought a story was the best way. I would have included it in this post but I've saved the story on my laptop :-) Thank you for your time and consideration.

Cadohewin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Raethwyn Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Sorry for the delay. Please seek us out in the world and we will accept you. Welcome to the Court!
Raethwyn
Raethwyn
Wordweavers
Wordweavers

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down